Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Name of the organization requesting funds.
Disabled Rehabilitation Center Nepal/ DRC English Boarding School Construction Project.
- When was the organization established?
- Briefly describe the motivation for starting this school.
The school is to start by DRC Nepal for the Children Having Disabilities, Helpless, and other deprived seeking for quality education.
- Briefly describe the aims of your institution.
The aim of the institution is to provide a quality education and to empower disabled and helpless children to make good citizen of the country removing the disparities caused by different variable.
Efficiently cater to the quality education that is the needs of disabled and helpless children.
Provide emotional, psycho-social and moral support to both children and parents.
Integrate these children into mainstream society.
- Does your organization have any religious or political affiliation? If yes, please describe the type of affiliation and the reason for it.
- Do you have your own land for the building to be constructed? What is the area of the land?
Yes, the organization has its own land for constructing of the school building and its area is (16,428 sq. ft.) 3 Ropani, additionally 2053.5 sq. ft. of land have to be purchased.
- Location of school.
Location of the school will be at Nayapati V.D.C. Ward No.5, Kathmandu.
- Specify the type of education provided (e.g. basic literacy, vocational training etc.).
It is co-educational institution and we focus both on Basic Literacy and vocational trainings.
- Describe the socio-economic background of the children and their parents (e.g. education, occupational). If any of your students are employed, please tell us about that as well.
Most of the children come from under privileged or low-income families who do not have the ability to fund for basic schooling. Many of the students are disabled with no support for basic necessities (food, clothing). Our organization (DRC- Nepal) fully supports them.
- How do you perceive that education will improve the lives of the children in your area?
It is expected that the children with basic education and special trainings would be able to integrate themselves into the mainstream society and go for further development.
- What is the age group of the children to be enrolled in your school?
From the age of 4 to 18 years.
- Do you help your students with their future education efforts after they have passed out of your school? If so please describe your efforts.
Yes, we support them even after they leave our school by providing livelihood options and also by counseling for earning a better life in the future.
- Why are the children not attending government/other schools in the local area?
There are many reasons. Primarily due to their natural disability and next reason is a financial constraint and discrimination.
- What is your expansion plans for the future (e.g. adding more classes or schools)? How do you see your school impacting the village five years from now?
Our immediate project is to own a school building. We will upgrade it to college level. We will also impart vocational and technical education and certificates by being affiliated with the concerned vocational training authorities of Nepal Government.
- What is your estimated budget of the school construction project?
Estimated Total Amount: NRs. 52,433,807.87(Nepali Rupees Fifty two million four hundred thirty three thousand eight hundred seven and eighty seven paisa only)
In US$ 655, 422.58(US Dollar Six hundred fifty five thousand four hundred twenty two and fifty eight cent) 1US$=80 NRs. Equivalent as of December 2008.